Snow day ideas:
- Have fun exploring the weather outdoors
- make snow people - ask some maths questions: How many buttons? How many eyes? How many altogether? Can you count these in multiples of 2, 5 or 10?
- Make snow angels and decorate with natural objects: sticks, pebbles, leaves etc.
- Draw a snowy picture. Add cotton wool or glitter to emphasise the snow.
- Write words in the snow.
- Read stories and fact books about snow.
- Make a snowy poem.
Most of all, enjoy the fun that can be experienced in this wonderful weather. Take photos and send to school for us to share in class.
Alfred Wainwright — 'There's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing!'