Snow Day Activities
Please feel free to complete any of the activities below if the school is to be closed due to snow. These activities have been created to support our learning taking place in the classroom through providing opportunities to experience the weather conditions first hand.
- Write your own snow day cinquain poem
- Go outside and explore all of the different shapes you can make in the snow
- Go outside and create a snow person to represent you. If you can take a picture of this please bring it in to show the class!
- Find a snowy picture on Pobble 365 and write a creative piece of writing based around this (just like we do in free write Friday!)
- When you are outside think about the number of people and groups of people you see playing in the snow. When you are back in the warm, try to create some multiplication and division problems based on your snowy experience.
- With an adult’s permission, make some home-made salt dough using flour, salt and water and build an igloo.
- Identify tracks in the snow- take a walk outside in the snow and see what tracks you can identify. What animal do you think has created this track? How can you identify different animals?